Up until this point I have hardly mentioned the adoptive mother, Kate.
Today that changes.
I am going to be very candid and honest about the woman who has seen it in her best interest to take my sister’s child under such circumstances.
Keep in mind, at the time the adoption took place, my sister was barely 18. She was scared, pregnant, and keeping an enormous secret. The adoption was set up in a miraculous 28 days, how lucky for the people who have her. A brand new baby with Norwegian decent. They choose to forget that she is almost full blooded Latina, Puerto Rican and Mexican. She is not the Italian child they are passing her off to be. They gave her a name that has absolutely nothing to do with her heritage.
Here’s what I know:
* Kate has a Master’s degree in Psychology
* Her husband Fred works for a prominent bank.
* Kate wore a hot pink bow in her hair during the trial, as if to appear as naïve and innocent as my sister.
* She is very materialistic, bragging that there were 13 0r 14 bridesmaids at her wedding.
* She smiled at me across the court, and did it in a calculated and sneaky way.
* She had made it impossible to maintain a relationship with my niece, she watches her as if she is a child that is not hers and can be taken at any time.
* Obviously coaching my niece into saying what her name is since my niece refers to herself not as “me” or “my”, she calls herself by her name only.
* On one or our visits, Kate wrote a note and put it in my niece’s lunchbox, saying, “mommy loves you.” So obviously on purpose.
* During each visit, she and her husband had our family pay a monitor $75 dollars an hour to “watch us” as if WE’RE the ones who have done something wrong. In a public park, that was freezing, with her and her husband sitting in a parked car, glaring at us from across the grass.
* We were given a paper on one of our visits that said we could not photograph or take video of my niece, tell her who we were, and could call her no pet names, we could only call her the name they gave her. Does that mean that they don’t call her any terms of endearment, or are we the only ones exempt from calling her sweet nicknames?
* She and her husband prohibited myself and my family to enter the courtroom when we were going through trial, she obviously wanted my sister alone and frightened, once again.
* She is infertile, having had a surgery related to the infertility while were in Los Angeles.
* She had the Tiffany bracelet she gave to Lupita engraved. My sister’s had no inscription and she did not accept it anyway.
* She and her husband were on the television show “House Hunters”.
**** ( I had a very rough night last night and had to write before I step out for the afternoon. As this woman and her despicable actions are burning on my mind today, this post will be continued.
I just can’t keep quiet any longer. )
PS… TO THOSE READING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG, I AM GRATEFUL THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN ME THE PLACE TO BE HEARD. I AM HUMBLED, AND THANKFUL THERE ARE STILL GOOD PEOPLE IN THE WORLD….THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME GET THROUGH THIS….