This is the potato salad that my grandma, Nevaeh’s great-grandma used to make.
It’s a really simple recipe and very delicious.
She used to make it with empanadillas and Puerto-Rican rice. Her meals we always so well put together and there was always more than enough food to go around. She cooked with love and that makes all the difference.
* 14 potatoes
* 7 eggs, boiled and chopped
* 4 cups mayonnaise
* 1 bunch thinly sliced green onion
* 1 can large olives
* 1-2 jars pimientos
* Salt to taste & a dash of pepper
* Paprika for garnish
* Boil potatoes. When cool, peel and dice into bite-sized cubes.
* Boil eggs. When cool, peel and chop.
* In a large mixing bowl, combine green onion, olives, eggs and pimientos. Set aside until potatoes cool.
* Add potatoes to mixing bowl then add mayonnaise. Salad should be creamy but not too much so add mayo according to the size of the batch you make.
* Add salt and pepper to taste.
* Sprinkle paprika across the top of the bowl for garnish along with a few sprigs of julienned green onion slices.
Refrigerate before serving.